Summer holidays in Riezlern in the Kleinwalsertal valley
Summer holidays in Kleinwalsertal are an experience for the whole family. Surrounded by the Allgäuer Alps, this popular holiday region offers countless activities and leisure opportunities for mountaineers and active holidaymakers, most of which can be reached in just a few minutes thanks to the central location of our holiday home - the Alpen Select Lodge - in the heart of Riezlern.
Whether hiking, trail running or mountain biking, there’s something for both beginners and professionals alike on these well-maintained routes. The many summits – from the Walmendingerhorn to the Großer Widderstein – and via ferrata offer a real paradise for climbers. Anyone seeking a thrill will enjoy canyoning through wild gorges and waterfalls or having a go on the zip wire.
Book your holiday »
Here you book at the best price!
Top summer activities in the Kleinwalsertal
From May to November our guests receive free cable car tickets. You can use the many cable cars and lifts in the Kleinwalsertal valley as often as you like for free during your stay at the Alpen Select Lodge. This makes hiking even more fun!
- Breitachklamm gorge (starts in Riezlern, then along the Breitach; approx. 2 h walking time, 6 km)
- Riezler circular tour (start and finish: Innerschwende; approx. 1.5 h walking time, 4 km)
- Wildental circular walk (start: Mittelberg; approx. 3 h walking time, 8.3 km)
- Hoher Ifen with ascent via the Schwarzwasserhütte hut (start: Schwarzwassertal; approx. 6 h walking time, 15.4 km)
- Geisshorn and Kemptner Köpfle (start: Bödmen; approx. 8 h walking time, 18.6 km)
- 3-peaks tour from the Kanzelwand to the Fiderepass (start: Kanzelwandbahn cable car; approx. 6 h walking time, 9.7 km)
- Walser via ferrata (approx. 1.5 h; difficulty: B-C)
- Mindelheimer via ferrata (approx. 8 h; difficulty: B-C)
- Zwei-Länder via ferrata (approx. 3.5 h; difficulty: C-D)
- Hindelanger via ferrata (approx. 5-6 h; difficulty: B-C)
- Canyoning: guided tours by the Bergschule Kleinwalsertal for children, adults and families (3-7 people); approx. 4.5 h; daily from May to October
- Kletterwald Söllereck (climbing forest): high ropes course at the Söllereckbahn cable car station (Germany); suitable for children and adults
- Small cross-border traffic: mountain bike circular tour through Austria and Germany; 28.4 km, approx. 4 h
- Short bike tour through the Bärgunttal valley: 4.2 km, approx. 45 mins; suitable for electric bikes and mountain bikes
- Guided e-bike tours Sport Kessler in Riezlern offers regular guided cycling tours.
- Kanzelwand Trail: difficult adventure run; 8.4 km, 2:40 h
- Walser Trail: demanding course; 28.2 km, 6:20 h
- Walser Ultra Trail: 64.3 km, 13:45 h
- Widderstein Trail: difficult adventure run; 15.2 km, 5 h
- Gehrenspitze Trail: challenging course; 5.9 km, 1:15 h
- Schwarzwasser Trail: suitable for beginners; 12.2 km, 2:20 h
- Söllereck summer tobogganing – Allgäu Coaster
- Zip wire: fast-paced ride through a gorge in the Schwarzwasserbach hanging from a wire cable; also suitable for children over 6 years; groups of up to 18 people; meeting point: Walserhaus in Hirschegg; duration: approx. 3 h
- Skyline Park: activity and adventure park for children and adults, Bad Wörishofen (approx. 1.5 h from Riezlern by car)
- Golf-Park Bregenzerwald (18-hole), Riefensberg (approx. 1 h drive from Riezlern)
- Golf Club Bodensee (18-hole), Weissensberg (approx. 1.5 h drive from Riezlern)
- Golfplatz Oberallgäu (9-hole, 18-hole), Bolsterlang (approx. 30 mins drive from Riezlern)
- Golfclub Oberstdorf (9-hole), Oberstdorf (approx. 25 mins drive from Riezlern)
- Golfclub Oberstaufen-Steibis (18-hole), Oberstaufen (approx. 1 h drive from Riezlern)
- Golfclub Memmingen (7-hole, 18-hole), Memmingen (approx. 1.5 h drive from Riezlern)
- Golfplatz Scheidegg (9-hole), Scheidegg (approx. 1.25 h drive from Riezlern)
- Golfclub Bad Wörishofen (18-hole), Bad Wörishofen (approx. 1.75 h drive from Riezlern)
Picture source: Oberstdorf Kleinwalsertal Bergbahnen, Kleinwalsertal Tourismus eGen, Dominik Berchtold, Justina Wilhelm, Frank Drechsel, Rolf Schuster, Oliver Farys, Uwe Englert